Thursday, August 25, 2016

Miles' 10th birthday

The EASIEST friend party in the world!! Miles wanted a Nerf Gun war in the backyard. His friends all brought their Nerf guns and Miles took it from there. They spent HOURS out in the back shooting each other. Then when they were exhausted with that they came in for mint brownies and ice cream and we ended the night with a movie, "Shaun the Sheep".

Is he really 10 years old?? Closer to leaving the nest than he is to the baby years now...

There are so many nice boys who live around here, I feel that it's a great blessing for you to have many good friends! In the background here is Bryson and Hayden.


Shooting Nerf guns for hours!

Tons of running and yelling and shooting!

Dear Miles,

You have grown so much this summer, your 10th summer. You've mellowed out a lot, so has your mom ;) and I think you're a pretty happy kid. You are a great babysitter and I even started feeling comfortable putting you in charge during date nights! I appreciate how you read to Clay and tuck him in when we are on dates. I also appreciate how kind you are to him, and how you help him build Legos. You are going through a Harry Potter phase right now and are currently reading book #5. I endured an entire summer of hearing you plunk out the Harry Potter theme song on the piano, it got old for me that's for sure--but I never told you to stop playing it because it pleases me that you find playing the piano fun and you do it for fun now! So I'm willing to listen to Harry Potter music for the 100th time for that :).

You're also great at taking responsibility for chores each morning and you've had a great attitude. You are a fun kid to have around and you're constantly surprising me with your thoughts, you're a thoughtful one for sure. I treasure when you talk with me in your excited way--telling me all the little things in your life, those are the big things I've been told so I try to always listen well.

I love reading our little books together at night, the stories are fun and it's a way I feel like we can bond. I'm trying to keep those bonding moments alive the older you and I get.

I love you Miles! Love, Mom

No comments: