Monday, December 27, 2021

And just like that life changes again...

 For Thanksgiving our family traveled to Arizona and spent it with the Hancock extended family. The weather was great, the food was great, we loved the company. 

We've settled well into our rental. We sold our home in November, it sold FAST with the housing market as hot as it is...and we found a beautiful lot south of the white church in Mapleton. It seems like Tom Hawks' name has been rattling around in our world for many years and we were finally able to contact him and get going on plans to build a beautiful house in the spring! We feel very blessed to be able to do it. We're in the Mapleton 17th ward now. It's funny to me how many different wards we've been in since moving to Mapleton in 2012. We've been in the 16th, 14th, 25th, 13th, 9th, and now 17th wards all in that order. I can honestly say that there has not been a ward that I didn't like.

I'm still trying to figure out a great routine in this new place. It's funny how your routine can get changed by just moving a couple of minutes away. Mornings, which I had a good handle on before we moved, are once again hectic and busy. I drive Hailey to school now (she used to walk) and I also drive Miles. Next year when Miles has his drivers license it sure will help a lot.

Miles got a job at Marcos pizza. I'm very happy for him. He's a hard worker and willing to walk to work after school. He's also learning the importance of grades and is putting forth good effort in school. We got him a tutor for math. I'm excited to see how it goes. He's trying very hard and we're glad we can help in this way.

Hailey is doing so well with basketball and piano. She plays the piano for enjoyment several times a day and it's...well, it's music to my ears! If even one of my kids goes away from all the piano lessons we've invested in loving to play than all the practicing and investment will have been well worth it. It brings me joy to hear her. She's a huge help and so thoughtful. She's one of my dearest friends and I love hanging out with her. 

Clay is doing bantam this year. His team, the Mapleton Mustangs, is great! They practice twice a week and his season really gets goin this January. I hope I won't be too exhausted to make it to as many games as I can. This is his last year of elementary school. He's in 5th grade. Next year he'll go over to the middle school for 6th grade. He's got some good friends from all over town, near our old house, here in Harvest Park, a few from 1600 S. area. He also is a good little piano player. He says he doesn't love it, but I think deep down he likes it ok.

Paige is enjoying 2nd grade. She got Miss Spencer, who was also Clayton's 2nd grade teacher. She's also a stellar piano practicer. She is also a little fashionista. She likes wearing clip on earings and doing her own hair each morning. She wants to get her ears pierced and I told her if she does a great job practicing the piano for the next few months that I will take her to get her ears pierced. She is Hattie's best friend and plays so well with her, despite the 4 year difference. They really love each other and Hattie is SO lucky to have her.

I just notice the majority of these photos are of Hattie. I need to do better about taking a picture of each of the kids and Joseph and myself on a regular basis. Hattie is full of spunk. She's going to do "tiny tots sports camp" at the beginning of January at the rec center and I'm excited! This is a great memory I have of Clay and Paige doing the sports camp when they were young too. It's going to be great!











No comments: