Friday, April 17, 2009

Conversations

Conversation #1:

Miles: My nickles itch. (Translation for "nickles": Some bumps on his leg that sometimes he says hurts or itches....We've talked to the pediatrician and a dermatologist about it. They both say it will go away on it's own. He calls them "his nickles.")

Mom (changing Hailey's diaper): Should we put some cream on them?

Miles (walks away and returns with a box of cream cheese): Put this on them.


Conversation #2:

In the car driving...

Miles: Mom I'm little, huh?

Mom: Yes, you're a little boy.

Miles: But I'm not too little. I can be big in here (points to heart) and here (points to head).

(Recently Joey had a talk with Miles for some kind of misbehavior. Anyway, Joey said he told Miles this.)

Conversation #3:

A little before dinner...

Miles: I'm hungry.

Mom: Want a banana? (No.) Apple? (No.) Strawberries? (No.) Grapes? (No.) Carrots? (No.) Well, if you're hungry you can pick a fruit.

Miles: Ok. How about cake? (No.) M&M's? (No.) Cake's not a fruit? (Nope, sure isn't.)

10 comments:

Debbie Jones said...

This post just warmed my heart. Miles is such a sweet kid. His conversations just make me smile. :-D Love and miss you all.

Carrie said...

Cute! I love how much little one's actually take in!

Emily said...

Oh, I love, love, love the way kids think. They are hilarious. You are good to write them down so you can remember them.

Stephanie said...

What! Cake isn't a fruit?!! Too funny!!!

Emily said...

How cute! You will be so glad later on that you recorded these conversations down.

Christina said...

How fun to record these cute conversations! He will be laughing about it in years to come. My kids love love love reading about themselves from when they were little. I also noticed from your sidebar that Hailey is talking! Wow she is doing great! I bet you love hearing what she has to say.

Lynette said...

I wish cake was a fruit. That would make life so much easier! I love that he got you cream cheese!

The Lewis Family said...

Miles is awesome!

Ashley H. said...

I love what kids say! It cracks me up. I am teaching sunbeams right now, and I crack up almost every minute. So we are moving to Arizona in a couple weeks! We don't know where yet, but somewhere out there. I don't remember exactly where you guys are, but I hope I can come see how you are doing?! My e-mail is: razzles18@hotmail.com.

Becky said...

Way cute. I'm glad you shared!