Clayton John Hancock was born on April 25th, 2011 at 5:16am! He weighed 6 pounds 11 ounces, and was 19 inches long. He's such a cutie! We are loving every minute of having him here!
Hailey and Miles LOVE Clay so much. Hailey wants to help change his diapers, in fact she jumps at the chance to help in any way. She kisses him a lot. And I've been impressed with how careful Miles has been to wash his hands before touching him. I don't even think to remind him and he will go and wash his hands himself. They love to hold him and they have been so careful around him. I get a kick out of asking Miles or Hailey to "babysit" Clay while I go do something for a minute in a different part of the house. They take the job so seriously and are so gentle and vigilant!
Clay's birth took us by surprise. He came really fast; when we arrived at the hospital I was dilated to an 8 and by the time I was wheeled from triage to labor and deliver I was already at a 9! He was born about 1 hour and 15 minutes after we arrived. Surprisingly, I was allowed an epidural although I fully expected to be told "No." The epidural kicked in about 15 minutes before he was born.
Clay is a sweet baby and we are so happy to have him. He fits in perfectly with the family and I can't wait to watch him grow and learn. (Although I am enjoying the tiny newborn stage too.)
We have been overwhelmed with the help and kindness of friends and family. I am still working on thank you cards, but in the meantime I just wanted to thank everyone here too. Thank you for your kindness and for your help. It has been a huge blessing!
Having three children is busy---but it is a good kind of busy!
Here are some recent pictures of our Clay!
 |
| Minutes after birth. |
 |
| After his first feed and bath. First picture with mom. |
 |
| First picture with Dad. |
 |
| Sleeping like a rock after the hard work of being born! |
 |
| His reaction to being sung to by mom and dad. |
 |
| His first sponge bath really wore him out! |
 |
| Brothers! May 1, 2011 |
|
| Proud big sister! May 1, 2011 |
 |
| Hailey kissing Clay, while Clay is trying to eat Hailey hand :). |
I had to take a picture of this. Little stuffed animals keep mysteriously appearing in his bassinet while he's asleep. I think a certain big sister is bestowing gifts of love :).
6 comments:
Darling pictures! Can't wait to hold little Clay again on Wednesday. Love you all!
I can't believe how fast they grow! From the new baby in the hospital and one week later, he's reaching for a binky in the picture with Miles! Glad all is going well! I'm still (im)patiently waiting! Only 2 more months or so!
Congratulations Tiffany!! What a blessing! Clay is just perfect and I'm so happy for your sweet family. I hope you are adjusting ok to the changes. I know going from 2-3 kids was the hardest transition for me. You are such a wonderful mother and I miss you lots!!
I love that big sis kissing Clay picture! I'm sure Miles and Hailey will be an awesome big brother and sister!
He is so cute! Congratulations again. Isn't it wonderful how loving and helpful the other kids can be. My boys were exactly like that with Dylan and it made the transition so much easier.
Congratulations!! Clay is such a cutie. You look AMAZING as always. The big brother/sister pictures are so precious, too.
Post a Comment